Thursday, February 22, 2007

SBQ

Today's SBQ was suggested by Kathryn and is:
What is the smallest count fabric you have ever used? Did you stitch over one? Conversely, what is the largest count fabric you have ever used?
The smallest count fabric I have ever used is a 36ct linen. The largest would be a 10ct Tula.
I have stitched over one, but on nothing larger than 25 ct.
I have been a bit AWOL this week. Monday was a holiday and I was pretty busy with my Dad and doing some computer things I needed to do. Tuesday morning, I had a dentist appointment and she once again brought up the subject of removing my lower wisdom molars because I don't have the upper ones and she recommends doing this to 1) ward off periodontal disease and 2) because without the upper ones to bite against they are coming up higher than they should and it's only going to cause problems in the future. So, I agreed to it. Needless to say, the past two days were a Vicodin-enduced fog for me and she only removed the left one. I get to do this again next Thursday.
On the work front, as most of you have previously read, the company I work at is going through a merger. I have decided to not continue with the company because they are moving the office down to Miami, 45 miles from where I currently live. Those who are continuing with the company will start driving down there on March 1st. I (and other sane people), will have to continue to come in to the Pompano office for a week or two and then be "on stand by" (whatever that means). Bottom line, I won't really be working for the next two months but will continue to get paid my regular salary and benefits. Then, on May 1st, my three-month severance with benefits kicks in. So, basically, I am getting 5 mos severance. Not bad for having only worked one year with this company! SWEET!!!! I'm laughing all the way to the bank!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

YOu know, I'm wondering if it's the wisdom tooth too high that's bothering me just now. My 'bite' seems to have changed this last month and I'm in pain with it. I've had my wisdom teeth for longer than I care to remember though, so maybe it's something else.

Hmmmm. maybe a trip to the dentist would be the best idea, lol.

Hope you're not getting gyp from yours.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

I had all my molars removed long ago. Two were extracted when I was 19 (I think) and the other two were surgically removed because they were going horizonal. I remember waking up with the nurse slapping me in the face! I was not a happy camper. LOL Enjoy your "stand-by" with pay. Can't beat that!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home