Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday Update

This past weekend was great! On Saturday morning, my good buddies, Ruth, Orrell, Measie & I took off for Venice, FL to visit EGA's National Traveling Exhibit "Through the Needle's Eye" at the Venice Art Center. Along with EGA's exibit, the local chapter of EGA had their own exhibit, which I personally found more inspiring than the national one. The work the national exhibit displayed was awesome - no doubt - but for me, it was also unattainable, whereas the local exibit seemed within my reach. Most pieces, at least. I will be showing pictures from the exhibit as I have time to crop and upload. Right now, I'd like to show you the local chapter's banner and one piece I found quite striking. Unfortunately, there was no program with the local exhibit, so I can't really give you more info about this piece. So sorry.

At the Art Center we were delighted with a recital from a local young man who is quite talented on the piano and keyboard and is a composer as well. He did two improvisations that were very nice and he played some original creations which were composed for some plays he's working on. It was a nice surprise. After the recital, we left for the local cross stitch store and I purchased some really cool charts at half price. Will take a picture and post later. Following that, we were famished as it was past 3pm and had not had lunch yet (we left at 8am), so we decided on The Cracker Barrel because neither of us had been there in a long time.

On the drive to and from Venice, I stitched on L*K's February Flip It. We left at 5 to come back home, so I only had about an hour of light on the return.
I also wanted to show y'all where I left off on the CEC ornie. The french hen is mostly stitched - she needs her wings and her hat and it'll be finished. I didn't work on it at all this weekend and stitched very little Friday night because I wanted to go to sleep early.
Yesterday afternoon I took up again Bent Creek's 2003 Snapper and made some progress on "September Brings". It should be very closed to finished after next Sunday.

It's very unusual for me to have more than one small piece going at a time, though the Snappers are really one long piece. Sometimes, I really don't know which one to stitch!

I'm toying with the idea of moving my blog. I upgraded to the new blogger and I find it horribly annoying. It's time for a new look as well. Really busy right now though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I love the CEC ornie!!!

11:14 AM  
Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

That coloured piece from the show is really striking! Very, very cool!

I wonder if it's a bought pattern or a self made one?

Your progress pics are great too, especially on the February piece. You got a lot done in an hour. Super job.

I didn't like the blogger changes while it was still in beta but now it's all sorted, I love it. If you change blogs, remember to leave links so we can find you :)

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All your stitching looks just lovely.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home