Wednesday, January 31, 2007

January Report and February Goals

January was a good month. I got in two finishes - almost three if you count that I couldn't finish the turtle dove because I didn't have the right thread and it cannot be found locally, so it will have to be ordered.

On the WIP front, none were finished, though I am perilously close to finishing the Lighthouses of Florida piece. All the backstitching for the L and the I is done, some of the other three letters and most of the top lettering. I can probably finish it if I wanted to, but not relishing backstitching, I'll take my time. I did not stitch on The Rose Garden, which I wanted to, but such is life.

Goals for February: (let's shoot for the moon!)

Stitch the Prairie Schooler ornament from JCS 2006
Stitch 3 French Hens from CEC
Stitch L*K February Flip It
Stitch a Valentine's Day piece
Finish the Lighthouses of Florida
Stitch some on The Rose Garden
Stitch on the Sunshine Sampler

If I stitched every night, this would be feasible, but I don't stitch every night! LOL.

Last night I made a list of all the threads I need to finish all the ornaments I want to stitch. Superbowl sales will be coming up this weekend and I want to be prepared. So far I have a very conservative list. As for patterns, I think I have only 2 or 3 I really want. I think that might go up a bit after Nashville. Have y'all seen Victoria Sampler's new "
Tropical Garden"? Is it me, or what? I've ordered it at the Cupboard and I can't wait for it to get here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna van Schurman said...

I support your desire to learn to sew and wish you all the luck. But, dude, do you really think you should stitch pajamas?!
Anna
PS--I also enjoy mayo on fries, but for my heart health, I do try to avoid it.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Tropical Garden looks like it will fit in well with what you like to stitch :0)

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home