Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Mystery Package and New Start

Yesterday was the SAL at my LNS, Cross Stitch Cupboard in Fort Lauderdale. Emily came with her Birds of a Feather piece, which she claims is going slowly (she's been busy killing people) but, so what? It's not a race!

I was going to continue to stitch on the Snappers, but lo and behold genius girl forgot her threads. So I started the French Hen from CEC's 12 Days of Christmas series instead. I really like it when I can stitch enough so I can tell what it is.I forgot to mention what was in the package! In the package were four issues of UK's The Cross Stitcher, from July 2004 to October 2004. Norma and I would have an ongoing trade. Either she came up with a list of things she needed to trade for her magazines (usually DMC, which is expensive in the UK) and/or she would use my PO Box address to purchase from companies that did not send abroad, and I'd pay for the postage to forward them on to her. She then got really sick and it dragged on. Her husband returned all the Round Robins she had and, eventually I lost touch. I do remember one package which got lost, but she was sick and a good friend, so I chalked it up to the mail losing it.

I am 7% loser. What about you? Click here to find out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice start.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

You made me laugh!!! Look at all you got completed though...you can't even tell I did anything. I'm going to work on it this weekend though :-)
I love the colors in the one you started. I might need to check these out. I really want to do the one with the cow and the bird (they are two of my favorite animals!)
I subscribe to two of the UK magazines (World of Cross Stitching and Cross Stitcher). I like their cute designs and freebies :-)

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home