Saturday, July 29, 2006

Playing Catchup: June SBQs

6/29 SBQ

What do you do with your charts once you've stitched them? Do you keep them or dispose of them? If you keep them, do you organize them in a way that is different from the way you keep your unstitched charts?

I give them away to friends.

6/21 SBQ

Have you ever used a magnifying glass while stitching? If so, did you find it helpful?

Have not used a magnifying glass, but I do use reading glasses, and these I do find very helpful.

6/14 SBQ

How many cross stitch books do you own and how often do you use them?

12-15 and hardly ever.

6/7 SBQ
First request: Pictures of the back of your stitching. are you brave enough to give this one a shot?

Yes, I am brave enough, although I will do so with this caveat: I think that people who flip over one's work to see the back are incredibly rude and it doesn't bother me in the least to call them on it, especially since my backs are reasonably neat. I don't know what gives these people the right to become self-appointed judges of stitching. I don't go into people's houses and look under the sofa I sit on. I think we can all agree that it would be outrageously rude to do so. By the same token, if someone offers you the front of their stitching to look at, you should not turn the piece over and inspect the back.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Second request: "a pictorial tour of special place that you go to create your wonderful stitched creations."


I stitch in many different places. Mostly on the beach. I like being outside in the sunshine and watching the ocean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home