Thursday, March 23, 2006

SBQ for March 22nd

Today's SBQ was suggested by Carol and is:

Have you ever participated in a needlework mystery? If so, why did you decide to do the mystery? What appealed to you about it? Did you enjoy it? If you have not done a mystery, would you ever do one?

I have participated in a lot of mysteries.  The first one was Curtis Boehringer’s Needlework Woman mystery (or whatever it was called).  I participated in that one through an MSN group I no longer belonged to and I did it because it was a fun way to do a stitchalong.  It was fun, but by the time most of us were ready for Part III, there was a problem with the availability of Part IV, so I found all the parts sold together on Ebay, but other members weren’t so lucky, and I lost interest.

Another two mysteries I participated in were done in Yahoo groups.  I did it because friends of mine were doing it and I thought it would be fun.  It was a lot of fun, even though I was usually quite behind.

Last but certainly not least, I have belonged for the past three years to several of Martina Weber’s (Chatelaine) mysteries.  I have enjoyed them even when I wasn’t stitching along.  I guess, for me, what makes a mystery fun is if you are happy with the resulting design.  Since I have thus far liked just about everything Martina has designed, I can jump into her mysteries without a second thought.

I am still working on Mystery VIII, haven’t started Mystery IX, and probably might not start it until next year, but I have a lot of fun seeing the progress others are making and watching the design unfold. I will be participating in many, many more of her mysteries in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home