Wednesday, March 8, 2006

SBQ - Drowning in Stash

Today's SBQ is:

Do you have an organizational system for your patterns? If so, how do you organize them? If not, have you considered organizing them?
Once upon at time, I began a spreadsheet that listed each pattern I had plus allowed for up to three different categories and showed in which binder the pattern could be found. The patterns were sorted by Designer on the spreadsheet. Because I buy binders as I need them, I didn't further organize patterns into binders by designers or categories. It was much simpler to leave them where they were.
I stopped once I got had logged 1,600 patterns. That was about two years ago. I give up. I still buy binders as I need them, so if I have a pretty good idea of when the chart was purchased, I can usually narrow it down to 2 or 3 binders that it might be in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home