Saturday, March 4, 2006

Hello, again

Catching up on Stitching Bloggers Question of the Week:

Weds, March 1:
Today's SBQ was suggested by Cheryl and is:What cross-stitch magazines or other publications (as opposed toblogs) do you read on a regular basis? What do you like about them?What do you not like? What would your perfect publication include?

I purchase Just Cross Stitch regularly. I am quite happy with it because they feature a wide variety of popular designers, so their designs also are varied. They're not all similar like Stoney Creek, for instance. Also, because most of their designs come from well-known professional designers, they feature designs I would have probably paid for individually. One thing I like about both JCS and SC is that they feature designs (or themes) that cover several issues. Both of them provide instruction on new and/or advanced techniques. JCS would be perfect if they would also include easier/smaller designs for Aida similar to what the UK magazines have.

Weds, Feb 15:
Today’s SBQ was suggested by Heather and is another one that is about blogging instead of stitching.
Comment on your comments (giving and receiving): Do you love comments or hate them? Do you check them every day, never check them, or find them helpful? And finally, are you convinced no one is reading your blog if you don’t get any?


I love to hear from my friends out there, but I don't check them every day, nor do I have to have any to be convinced that anyone is reading my blog. I like to leave comments in my friends' blogs.

Weds, Feb 8th:
As promised, here is this week’s SBQ, as suggested by Nancy:
Describe your “perfect” project. (Include the designer or specific pattern, the fabric, the floss, and anything else that would make that project “perfect” for you.)

My "perfect project" will probably vary with my mood. As far as I am concerned, everything I have stitched up until now has been "perfect" because I have loved stitching it. I love Martina Weber's designs, they are beautiful and provide a nice level of challange with the specialty stitches/beads/crystals she uses. Most of them use a lot of silks, which I love to stitch with, are stitched on linen, and use a great deal of color. Her designs would probably comes closest to being a perfect project for me.
Weds, Feb 1st:

This week’s SBQ was inspired by my visit with Dawn and is:
With the exception of your online stitching friends, do you have any other stitching buddies?

At this point, I would have to say that I have more "real life" stitching buddies than I do online, simply because for the past 4+ months I have spent little time online or in online groups. I've sorta lost touch with all my online stitching buddies, which I miss quite a lot, btw.

Every Sunday afternoon, I meet with my stitching buddies. The group is usually about 7, but can go as high as 10, if everyone shows up.

Every Tuesday night, I go to my LNS's SAL. That group is much larger - averaging 12 to 18 - some of which are part of the Sunday group.

Then there's the local EGA, which averages 16 to 24 per meeting, some, of course, from the other two groups.

Weds, Jan 18th:

I just realized it was Wednesday (already!) and since I promised an SBQ this week, here goes:
Have you had a happy dance yet this year? If so, tell us about it! (Or just point to the entry that talks about it.) If not, when do you predict it will be?

I had a happy dance when I finished Prairie Schooler's Autumn Sampler. It's back from the framers and I will be picking it up next Tuesday. I'll take a pic and post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home