Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Pruning the Stitching Tree

Well, so much for trying to not do so much. Today I called and ordered the kit for Martina’s yearly mystery (the big one) as well as the kit for Mini-K (the excuse being that it was on sale). I love everything Martina designs, whether or not I have time to stitch it.

I am thinking that maybe I should take a look at those 15 WIPs I have and seriously consider changing the status of some from active to inactive. This will take off the mental pressure I feel about needing to finish them all. At least I hope so. There is one WIP I did not list before because I had turned it inactive. It is Drawn Thread's Toccata II. I retired it because it was one of those "What was I thinking?" type of projects. It's quite advanced and I want to stitch Tocatta I first before attempting some of the more elaborate stitches.

Of the 15 WIPs that I have, I can think of several to inactivate. The Capuccino huck towel can go. Also the lighthouse coasters. I know one isn’t a set, but one is all I need for myself, and I’m not using it anyway, so why pressure myself to stitch three more? The Pig Baby is nearly finished. I really have no use for it, but it being so close to being finished makes me want to keep it active. But what will I do with it if I do finish it? Better to make inactive. Mosey N Me’s If A Flower Bloomed can be turned inactive. I was stitching it for a friend and I ended up stitching something else for her, so there is no pressing need to finish it. Dimensions Lighthouses was started for a Round Robin I never actually joined, so this too can be made inactive. Christmas is now past and the Santa huck towel can sleep until at least September – I’m turning it inactive as well. I have two more lighthouse patterns and I believe I will chose just one to keep active and let the other one go to sleep. Between the two now left, Oberlin and Debbie Patrick’s, I like East Brother Lighthouse best, even though it is the larger of the two.

I am now left with the following Active WIPs, after having pruned 7 of 15 WIPs:
· Chatelaine Mystery VIII
· Long Dog Paradigm Lost
· CSCC The Rose Garden
· Jeanette Douglas’ Sunshine State Sampler
· Debbie Patrick’s East Brother Lighthouse
· Summer Freebie from CC
· Stoney Creek’s The One Who Knows
· Bent Creek Snappers (Sept to Dec + Border)

2 Comments:

Blogger d said...

That's still quite a list. Wanna bet it grows before the end of the year?

Don't forget to post progress.

d.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

I think you did a great pruning job! I'll look forward to seeing your progress on those. :)

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home