Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Answering Basic Questions

Some folks have asked me a few questions lately. The first one is why did I move back to Blogger and left Bravenet behind. That one is so very easy to answer. My blog over there was - and still is - being spammed. It got so bad that I had to change my settings to review comments and, when that didn't work, to not be notified when someone commented. Every day there would be 10+ comments that were nothing but spam. You can't see them now because they won't post without my approval, but I just got tired of just deleting them.
The second reason was because I wanted a new look for my blog, something more trendy and "like me". Lisa over at Design a Blog did an excellent job! I love the new design and it truly reflects me and my personality. First of all, I am crazy for turquoise! Second of all, she added the piece "Some Beach Somewhere" which I just LOVE AND which highlights my current flip flop fascination - HOW DID SHE KNOW??? She's amazing! If you need your blog redesigned, you need to have her do it!
The second question I am asked is: Where did I go? and Why am I not posting anymore? If you've followed my blog any amount of time you know that I am a hopeless workaholic. Last month I was busy transitioning everything from the company I worked for, which moved to Chicago. This month I have started a new job at a new company which created a position for me. It's not so much that they wanted me so badly that they invented a reason to have me as much as that they think - and they're not 100% convinced, btw - that my position might be needed, so they are giving it a run. I'll say more about where I work now later.
The third question is the obvious, "What am I stitching? and "Where are the pictures?" Dummy that I can be, I took the Fall Sampler to the Cupboard for framing and forgot to take a picture of it. Sorry - mea culpa, mea culpa. I was able to find one of that I took before it was finished and I added it to the slideshow to the right. I added some others as well. Don't know how long it will take for it to update.
To answer the "what am I stitching question", the best answer I can give at the moment is "Whatever catches my eye. Yes, once again, I am engaging in "Hedonistic Stitching". I am so busy right now that the last thing I am going to do to myself is "force myself" or "feel obligated" to stitch or finish anything. At the present time, I am working on Glory Bee's "Priceless" which is the first challenge of my Sunday stitching group. Each of us is stitching it differently and I am planning that mine will be extremely different indeed, so no pictures until it is finished.
I also started Jeannette Douglas' "Bug Collector" because it caught my eye and I've been wanting to use my Needle Necessities Calypso floss on something for the longest.
I've ordered the supplies for Martina's big mystery of 2006, which I belong to, but which I am not currently stitching. Maybe later this year I will begin.
Stay well - going to work now.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Sampler Girl said...

Your blog is darling!!!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home