Wednesday, January 4, 2006

SBQ

Yesterday I pruned some projects from my active list. The projects that remained are the ones I like the best. I feel more focused now and more optimistic that they will be finished.
I haven't answered any Stitching Bloggers Questions, and I just noticed that last week's fits with my current frame of mind.
This week's SBQ was suggested by Nancy and is: How do you balance your stitching time with your other obligations such as work, household chores, etc.?

For me, work is first and foremost. I tend to hold very demanding positions which require me to work an average of 50 hours per week. Luckily for me, household chores do not take much of my time as I have someone come in twice a week to clean. The most I do on a regular basis is load the dishwasher, make my bed and handle our mail. The children are grown, I don't have pets at the present time, so there is only one person who requires any attention from me and his job is as demanding as mine, if not more so.
However, because I work so much, I don't always come home in any mood to stitch. I'm simply too tired. Sometimes I just want to totally veg out and rest. However I have found that if I work out after work that I come home energized and wanting to stitch. So even on the nights I don't go to the gym, I will get on my rower for half an hour and it gets the blood flowing and it gives me a second wind so I feel more like stitching.
Nevertheless, I am lucky if I stitch 1.5 to 2 hours a day. It's just hard to fit in more time and this is why I had to severely prune my WIPs

1 Comments:

Blogger d said...

Love the new look.

d.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home