Wednesday, September 1, 2004

On Pins and Needles

No, that's no pun. We are on a high state of alert due to Hurricane Frances. It seems each forecast they have issued in the past 24 hours brings its path further south, yesterday morning it was headed towards Jacksonville, this morning it is headed towards South Florida. The latest forecast has it gunning for Lake Okeechobee, which is less than 100 miles from here. The storm is over 250 miles wide. I already went through Hurricane Andrew in 1992. I was living in Cutler Ridge at the time and my house was totalled. I lived at the Deerfield Beach Resort from August to Thanksgiving. I don't want to go through that again, and I will probably leave the area, like I did last time, except this time, I will never return. Property values skyrocketed and insurance became prohibitive after Hurricane Andrew, and I can't even imagine what would happen if the area were to sustain another major hit.

Stephen is to fly in Friday night and now I am wondering if he will be able to. Probably not. Who the heck flies towards a hurricane anyway?

The inventory project continues. Latest chart count is at 1,293. Not done yet.

I will post the site of the day after I get to work - we have an early meeting and I got to be there a little before nine to prepare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home