Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Popping up to Update

Hello to all in the friendly blogosphere!

This past weekend I made pretty good progress on The Rose Garden. Didn't stitch all that I was hoping to, but enough to get me excited about the piece again. Below are the results of my progress:

As soon as I finish that little yellow flower, I am going to do the backstitching on the four butterflies, the lattice and the flowers and leaves themselves. I have been pretty good at doing the backstitching as I go along and I don't want to get so behind on this that it delays my finishing this piece. It's going to be a big boost to me to be able to finish this piece by this year. I'm starting to think it's possible.

Yesterday was the weekly SAL at my LNS and I went back to stitching on Rainbow Borders and managed to finish the sixth row after having to rip the last motif I had been working on. What is it about having to rip that puts me off stitching on the piece? I can't explain it.

Good news to share: I have been sleeping lately. It's been with the help of Mr. Guiness, but last night I didn't need him. It's possible that I've reset some cycle that was off. Too soon to claim victory, but I'm hopeful.

On another note, I'm excited Nick will be home in a week for good. I'm so looking forward to this! It's going to be fun having the kid around again. Unfortunately, Matt moving back home is not working out. He's driving me nuts and I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask him to leave.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Rose Garden is looking very good. Congratulations on getting started again.

2:07 PM  
Blogger ollie1976 said...

Both look beautiful. Congrats on sleeping!
-Jen

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Rose Garden is lovely!

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rose Garden is quite a beautiful piece!

12:57 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

How's your rose garden going? You inspired me to do mine, yanno! They look so different!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home