Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Too Hot to Stitch

Not much to say. Yesterday was a total stitching bust. I wasn't able to stitch during lunch because I skipped lunch to go to the dentist. I didn't even take my stitching to work. What for? I was only going to have to bring it back!
Yesterday morning when I left for work, we were going to have someone come by to look at the air conditioner. The plan was to have it repaired. At 3pm the decision was made to replace it. I had nothing to do with it, but when I got home, they were still working on it and I wasn't about to cook in a hot house, so we got take out. To make a long story short, they didn't finish with the A/C until past 8pm. At that point, I was too hot and bothered to stitch. Wasn't bloody happening. So, I took a shower and watched Top Chef instead.
I don't agree with who Chef Ramsey let go. I think Bonnie should have gone over Brad. Maybe all those accusations that Chef Ramsey is biased toward the girls are right. Let's face it, Bonnie the Nanny has about as much chance of running a Las Vegas restaurant as I do of becoming an astronaut.
Speaking of Chef Ramsey, yesterday (and I don't know how because it was TiVoed) I watched an old show about how he started his first restaurant. He looked pretty young. But what struck me is that when he did this, he was also being featured on some British show about horrible bosses. Now I understand how he got noticed and ended up on TV. There are a lot of great chefs out there, so one wonders how one ends up in the limelight while others are (mostly) just known by word of mouth or by being featured in gastronomic publications/articles.
And now you know too...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

I know you TiVo a lot so maybe you haven't seen the newest Food Network but I would love to read your comments about it. I was really surprised by the original vote off but not to surprised by JAG's background. It was just suspicious that he never wanted to talk.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home