Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Monday's Stitch

I managed to get a little stitching in while watching last night's episode of Hell's Kitchen. It was fun to watch a bunch of amateurs beat "real" chefs last night and Melissa, whom I have found extremely annoying was sent home.



My Father's Day piece is now a little over half done now and I can see it won't take much more for it to be finished. The lure is nearly finished and all that is left after that is the alphabet around it. Alphabets always stitch up fast for me.

I was thinking about my overall goals for this year, which were to reduce the number of WIPs from 12, which was where I was at the end of last year, to 6. Looking at the sidebar, you can see I have 9 active WIPs - not counting smalls, which never make it to the sidebar WIPs listing. I'm trying to figure out which of these I might be able to finish by November - as we I get so busy in December stitching comes to a standstill. I could finish The Rose Garden and maybe Sunshine State Sampler, but if I want to make my goal, I'm going to have to get over ripping the lighthouse and finish Seaside Cottage.

So I guess we all know what I'll be doing this Saturday...

Or, I could always try to speed up those Snappers I started in 2004 and finish them before they get old enough to start school...

Today is the SAL at my LNS and I'll be bringing the Rainbow Borders sampler along. Should have another picture for you tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like how the oranges in the fish contrast with the lovely blue-gray fabric.

Good luck with your larger projects.

12:07 PM  
Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

Nice progress! Shouldn't take long to stich up what's left. 'Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I should really try and finish some of my WIP's by the end of the year but I suspect (know) that it's not going to happen, lol. I'm not sure how many I've got but I'm guessing it's more than 5 but less than 10...........ish, heheh.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home