Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Feeling Like Such An Idiot

Well, I am back from my trip to Camp Lejeune. Nick is in a lot of pain. He's nearly gone through the 40 Percocets he got on Saturday afternoon when he was discharged. He's been taking 2 every 4 hours without fail and still complains of pain. Tomorrow I will take him down to the VA clinic to get more.

The past couple of days - from Sunday to today - I've lost my video iPod on Sunday (it turned up within Nick's clothes today as I was unpacking), left the keys in the car Sunday while packing (cost $60 to get it opened), and now I've lost my keys altogether and we've turned the house upside down for hours trying to find them. Even my eldest came by today to see Nick and helped look. I got duplicates of everything, so it isn't such a big deal, but it's just so frustrating!

Yesterday we got in around 3pm. The only place I went was Publix and even though I checked twice there already, I know I didn't leave them there. I made several trips to the car to bring things in and I used the key to open the car, but not to come in the house. I left the door open because I was going to have my hands full.

I just feel like such a big idiot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Don't feel badly. I had the same key panic last week, but found them stuck in a side pouch of my suitcase a couple of hours later. I have no idea why I ever removed them from my purse.

10:56 PM  
Blogger ollie1976 said...

It's okay-everyone has done that-God knows I have.
-Jen

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just HATE when I lose something. I lost the "second" ball of yarn for a pair of socks and it took me almost a WEEK to find it.

Hope you find your keys soon.

11:50 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

Sounds like your mind is in another place, besides the stuff close at hand. Be careful, get some rest and relaxation!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home