Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Middle of the Road

After reading my previous post I guess those of you reading can't make up your minds whether I am liberal or conservative. I am going to call it "Capitalist Tree Hugger". I am all for business and for making money, just not at the expense of abusing others or the environment. I'm all for helping others, but expect them to show some effort at wanting to better their station in life, and I don't like those who "use the system" to get something for nothing. That is just plain wrong.

On to stitching updates. Now that I am feeling better from Monday's root canal, I have started stitching again. I am working on RK Portfolio's "Stitch", which is a dog, and I just noticed yesterday that either the key is wrong or the person stitching the model stitched it wrong. I sorta wondered about this when I started stitching, but decide to plow on and see where it would take me. Well, it may end up a bit different, but I'm too far gone with it to rip it out. Will post a picture later - Matt's run off with my camara again. The kid has a birthday later this month and he's getting a camara - no more running off with mine!

On the work front, Monday was my last day at my company. Until mid-August, I will continue getting paid my salary and will continue all my benefits, without having to pay for any of them. Not a bad deal.

My dad called a few moments ago and let me know the weatherman said it was lovely weather for the beach - like most Lauderdale by the Sea days... lol - but with the Air & Sea Show this weekend, I'm thinking to hang out there and see if they are practicing - don't have an interview until tomorrow anyway.
I had a good interview yesterday at the local blood bank - the position interests me because I'll be doing good for others not just making a lot of money for myself. The position pays very well, btw.

3 Comments:

Blogger Name: Vicki said...

I agree!!! And good luck with the job hunt!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

I'm a "Capitalist Tree Hugger" too. I totally agree with your statement.

1:42 PM  
Blogger d said...

Hey - we need to catch up! I didn't know you were looking for a new job! Email me.

d.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home