Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Updates

Took me more than a day, but here it is finally - an picture update of Seaside Cottage! YAY!!!!

Last night was the SAL at my LNS. Wish I had great news to report and that whole affair of the cellphone talker was over and done with, but, alas, it is not yet so. Two of the people N blasted (M for asking him to tone it down and D for trying to pacify the situation) decided to sit at the other table that is in a separate room from where we usually meet (the overflow table). The third person, E, the one who started it all, didn't show up and E isn't a regular anyway.

The split made it really awkward because it forced most of us to go back and forth to speak with people we wanted to hang out with and all on account of one person.

I guess what disappointed me the most was that N, seeing the result of last week's fiasco, didn't see fit to make any apologies or offer any amends. Though I will say that N did walk out when the phone rang this time - all of 5 mins after arriving. It's a little too late though.

Damage is done and I can't see I blame M or D. They come to have a pleasant evening stitching with friends, not to be attacked in public or put up with someone else being disruptive.

If this continues next week, I won't be going back. Or maybe I will show up but only stay if N doesn't show up. Problem is we have invited N to the Sunday group and right now, N isn't someone I want to be anywhere near.

I just find this entire affair extremely upsetting. For years there has been no drama, fights or arguments in our stitching group. All it took is one insensitive person to ruin it for the rest of us.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

Sad news this thing that you explain about your cross stitch group, but your porgress on your stitching it's great!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger ollie1976 said...

Sorry that you're having to go through that. Seaside Cottage looks great!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Came over from a comment you left at BooMama's. Haven't read you yet, but had to say I love the flipflop wallpaper on your blog!

1:08 PM  
Blogger mercy said...

Sorry to hear about your stitching group...Seaside Cottage looks very nice - what color fabric are you using?

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home