Sunday, March 18, 2007

Nice Weekend

Saturday was the third meeting of our new Sampler Guild. We decided to call ourselves "Stitchers in Paradise", which I gladly seconded. In case you're wondering, it wasn't my idea. Someone came up with it at the first meeting, which I didn't attend. It was discussed last month at the second meeting, and I while I was happy to see it, I didn't make a strong push for the name, since I already use it in my blog. I am enjoying the Sampler Guild - it's a lively group of ladies all with different interests in samplers and stitching.
That's pretty much all I did yesterday - I also "worked" at Always in Stitches 'cause it was my day to help out and by the time I got home, it was nearly 7pm and I vegged out in front of the TV to watch "True Lies". That movie always cracks me up.
My Dad comes by every Sunday and we always go shopping, this time it was Target, Borders, Barnes & Noble, CompUSA and Best Buy. Not necessarily in that order. I had agreed to meet my friends at the War Memorial Coliseum for the Annual Quilt Show but Dad wanted to take us to lunch and then he had some things he wanted me to help him with when we got back to the house. Before I knew it, it was past 3:30 and my friends had been there since 1pm. I was upset that I wasn't able to go, but I decided at that point to just stay home.
I also had agreed to cook a few things for a party with my neighbors. All but one of my neighbors is a snow bird. Once a month we all get together and throw a party - complete with live music. It would have been too much to run out there, get there around 4, and have to be back by 5:30-6:00, so I didn't even try.
I guess I could have blown off my father, but he's 77 and drives 40 miles on Sundays to see us, so he's the only person I will allow myself to feel "obligated" to.
In case you're wondering what I made for the party, I had bought a Tapas cookbook and I've been wanting to try out some recipes from it. From this cookbook, I made Tuna Rolls - which are tuna wrapped in roasted red peppers, shrimp with a cilantro dip, and olives wrapped in anchovies. I also made my very popular spinach salad. It is always good to see all your food quickly disappear!
We had a very lovely evening dancing in the cool ocean breeze under the stars. Very romantic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home