Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Under Pressure...

Our local EGA is cracking down on wanton disorder. They are requiring us to wear nametags. They even amended the handbook so it SPECIFICALLY says they MUST be stitched - thanks to some of us who have been known to grab an address label and stick it on our clothes in order to avoid the $1 fine.

So, basically, this poses a challenge to me. How will I get around this now? Well... evil mastermind that I am, I came up with the following idea...

I am going to stitch a bookmark with my name on it probably up and down like this:

T
R
I
S
H

Tonight I probably only will manage to stitch my name, but I will add embelishments and more stitching later. So, basically, I am going to take my bookmark and pin it on my shirt....

I can't wait to see what they have to say about that!
Speaking of "under pressure"... June is the Cupboard's annual contest and the only requirement that entries submitted need to meet is that the design is currently available for purchase. So, I'm thinking of finishing the Sunshine State Sampler for this... or I have to looks around to see what else I have finished that I can send in...

I never win, but I do enjoy participating.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

Hi Trish, thanks for visiting my blog recently :) As busy as you are, I hope you've managed some time to play Seasons :)

I stitched a name tag for my Guild meetings (when I was living in Australia - don't have them here) but wasn't very good at remembering to wear it - lol! From memory I used a free chart from Victoria Sampler. I do like your bookmark as a name tag idea though :)

1:15 AM  
Blogger ollie1976 said...

good luck with the contest. I'm curious to read how your job likes the bookmark! Don't you just love employment politics?

8:39 AM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

Sounds like a great idea to me!!! Hoe it goes well!!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

smiled at the thought of your bookmark... If you add a ribbon at the end of the bookmark you'll be able to poke it through a buttonhole and just "tie it on" :-)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes. Wonderful workaround. And you can use it to mark your place in the latest JCS Christmas Ornaments.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Oh my goodness...too funny! I never got around to stitching a nametag when I was still going to meetings at my f2f chapter, and was resolved to just pay the fine (I think it was only a quarter...so not much incentive!!) The bookmark sounds like a great idea, though!

8:03 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

I LOVE your rebellious idea for the nametag. Sounds like something I would do. Just love it!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

LOL!!
Too bad we don't have the same name. I've got more than one nametag & have stopped attending EGA chapter meetings : )

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home