Thursday, March 29, 2007

I WON!!! I WON!!!

I went home to eat lunch today and found the most awesome surprise in my mailbox....

Back in February - and I'm not sure how I got there - I discovered CraftSanity and it's podcasts. I listened to a podcast with Monsterbubbles' designer, Heather Holland-Daly, and enjoyed it so much that I burned it onto a CD so my friends could listen to it on the way to (or back) from EGA's travelling exhibit in Venice, FL. It ended up being on the way back and they all enjoyed it a lot. It might have been the final push one of them needed to finally get an iPod.

I heard something in the podcast about a contest, and found out how to enter on the website and thought nothing of it since. Until today that is. Woo Hoo!! The design in this kit is based on a tatoo Heather Holland-Daly designed for her left forearm. It includes the design, screen, sandwich screen frame and hardware. Thanks a lot Jennifer!!!

While I subscribed to the podcast, - it's a monthly - I've also have listened to a few back ones. Let me tell you, they are really great! I've gotten a lot of insight into the creative process through them. So over there and check CraftSanity out!!!

I was driving back to the office - and was in such a good mood and it was such a great South Florida day - it dawned on me that I've never shared pictures of my lovely views I get to enjoy on a daily basis with y'all. And since for the past 10+ days I really have not posted many pictures. (Actually just one). I guess y'all are due... So, without further ado...

This is the East view from my office. The dark blue line on the horizon is the ocean. Really. It's more noticeable in person.

This is the North view from my office. I don't think you can tell, but there's a big white rectangular building on the far middle right of the first picture and the left of the second picture. It's the hangar for the Goodyear Blimp. I get to see it launch and return quite often.

SEE??? TOLD YA...

On the other side of the office, I can actually see where I live! I will try to take a pic tomorrow and show you all...

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathie said...

Hi. Just visiting your blog and immediately recognized the view from your office window in Pompano!! I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale and went to NOrth East High School. I spent most of my teenage years at Pompano Fashion Square and bought my dad a ticket to ride on the blimp for his b-day many, many years ago.

Are you a native Floridian?
Cathie
http://www.clevelandgirlie.blogspot.com

12:58 PM  
Blogger Cathie said...

Hey Trish - I just wrote you this big long e-mail, but realized I don't have your e-mail address. Can you send it to me at cathieblaise@yahoo.com???

I just noticed to you live in Lauderdale By the Sea! Got my first kiss under the pier there AND my parents used to own a jewelry/gift store on Commercial Boulevard right there by the pier called The Mustard Seed - this was back in the 70's and 80's. I worked there as a kid and right around the corner was my favorite place.... Keese's Chicken! Do you remember those places? Drop me an e-mail at the above address.

Cathie

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did I miss these podcasts before now? Awesome! :)

I now have subscribed to their feed and I'm about to add some links from STNA too. Very cool, and congrats on your cool prize. Heather at MB's is awesome :)

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home