Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ho Hum Day

Today I took the car to mechanic for a once-over, changing the front brake pads, and an oil change. It had only been 2000 miles since the last one, but I like to take road trips knowing everything has been checked/lubed/topped off, etc etc So the car is fine, which I knew, but it's nice to have a professional opinion.
Matt (aka "Bubba") asked me to not drive alone to NC because of the fall. So I asked him if he was volunteering. Of course not. What does the kid expect me to do? Put an ad on Craigs List and see what psycopath answers in the next 24 hours? Geez... It's like the fifth time I drive up there. Last October I drove my narcoleptic self up there and had to take six times the medicine I was prescribed to stay awake. Yet, he didn't seem concerned. Now a sore ankle is a life threatening condition that requires supervision? I don't get it.
Get this: the place I fell at last Monday has asked me to return for a second interview. Cool, huh? I'm going tomorrow at 9am. With luck, I'll be over around 10am and be able to hit the road sometime around noon. I plan to drive up to either Jacksonville or Savannah before stopping for the night. Haven't made up my mind yet. I'm so not ready. Usually, I'm a lot more organized than I am right now. I have to do laundry, I haven't packed, I should straighten up the house some, I need to pick a book, a cross stitch project, and put more songs/audio books on my ipod for the trip.
All of this I plan to do tomorrow. Or shall I say today? It's past midnight and I'm still puttering around. I never sleep well before a road trip.

4 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

Be careful and have a great trip!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a safe trip. Try downloading some podcasts, especially roundtable discussions. I find having a lot of different people discussing things keeps me more awake than a single person reading an audiobook. There are lots of different podcasts to choose from -- NPR broadcasts, local podcasts, podcasts on tech (my favorites), or cooking or building or...

3:10 AM  
Blogger ollie1976 said...

Good luck on the 2nd interview and the trip to NC.
-Jen

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the second interview AND on your trip. Have fun!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home