Monday, December 4, 2006

New Progress

Yesterday I decided to work on a different piece, the Lighthouses of Florida from Oberlin Samplers. It is a very fast stitch! Yesterday I began stithching this around 4pm and I only had the "G" stitched. We stitched until 6:30. The card room we use to get together is used during season by Canadian snow birds for cribbage. I did stitch a little bit more after I returned home, but no more than perhaps an hour. It's a fast stitch because the lines are fairly straight. At the rate I'm going, I should be finished before too long.

I was at the EGA Xmas party last Saturday, and as always it was a lot of fun. We had an ornament exchange and a mini teacup auction. The food was awesome and I got to see some ladies I had not seen in quite some time. I even found out that one of them lives a few blocks from my house. My attendance last year at EGA was pretty irregular I am ashamed to say, but this is what happens when you don't have energy - you miss out on a lot of things. This is what I ended with from the party. The framed piece is by Ruby (aka Elizabeth) and the ornament is by Harriet. I am excited to have something stitched by my friends.


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What great things you got at the party and your lighthouses is coming along nicely. I just stitched that same piece (the small framed one) for kiwijo for the ornament exchange. I love it!

9:32 AM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

Love the lighthouse progress!! I just love those ornaments!!!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

The ornies are lovely - and your lighthouses are coming along beautifully :)

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home