Thursday, October 26, 2006

SBQ & Other Thoughts

Today's SBQ was suggested by Carol and is:

If you were to come across a sampler chart that caught your eye and appealed to you, would you or would you not stitch it if it had a morbid or "creepy" saying on it? If not, why?

If I came across a sampler chart that appealed to me I would stitch it whether it had a morbid or creepy saying. I am not put off by these type of sayings, however, if I found any saying on any chart offensive - or negative - for whatever reason, I would see if I could change it. Case in point, M Designs "Loves Me, Loves Me Not" was changed to "Loves Me, Loves Me Lots". Why?, you might ask. Because I am past the point of doubting and it's more fitting to my current long term relationship.

Last night Nick slipped and fell - his knee is still in a brace that immovilizes the entire leg, so even though I didn't think he had injured himself, we made the 40 mile trek to the VA hospital in Miami, only to be questioned by some mid-level administrator about his current status. Seriously. The kid has his leg in a brace, a bottle of Percocet filled less than a week ago, and you think he might be AWOL??? For goodness sake! Why would we drive 40 miles into Miami to go to a MILITARY hospital when we could have taken him to North Broward Medical Center a few miles from our house, or even Jackson Memorial Hospital (next door to the VA Hospital) where no one would have cared what his status is??? Oh yeah, and they wanted him to get his command - at 9pm - to send a letter confirming he wasn't AWOL. Sure, no problem... So, after hearing all this, I just said, "Whatever, the kid is also on TriCare, we'll just go to a regular hospital". At this point, he backtracked and said that they would see him of course, he would just get a bill that he would have to take to his command... Well, why didn't he just start with that one to begin with???

Stitchingwise, I am in a bit of a funk. Tired from having the kid at the house and taking care of him. From waking up in the middle of the night and checking on him, making sure his leg is still elevated. From trying to find things to entertain him after I get home from work and he's been stuck home alone all day, and making sure he's getting some exercise and doing his physical therapy.

Goals for this month - which is quickly ending I might add - were to finish 2 pieces (done), stitch a bit on "The Rose Garden (not done), and maybe start something new as a reward for all by hard work. I would really like to start stitching on Brenda Lowry's "Life is a Beach". I got all the threads for it and it looks like it would stitch quickly.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a cute project that would be with all those adorable button! And very appropriate :)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Life is a beach lokks a fun project to stitch, and I like the pun as well...
I'm sorry to read about Nick, and relieved that he's not AWOL (what does it mean?. It looks good, though.)... Sorry, my English leaves me unarmed in front of intials...
Take care!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

VA hospitals are a PITA. My Dad goes to one quite a distance from here... sometimes they forget to call and tell him his appt has been cancelled. They tell him *after* he gets there... after taking the day off work to get there. Grr!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home