Monday, August 14, 2006

Best Laid Plans

Sometimes I think it's best not to make ambitious plans for the weekend. One never knows how it will turn out.

Friday night I worked late - 7pm! Got home, went out to eat, and by the time we got back, really too tired to stitch much.

Saturday, after I had read the newspapers (yes, I still get them - but only Fri-Sun) and straightened up some, my dad showed up and we hung out for a while and had lunch. Around 1pm I called my good friend and fellow stitcher, Ruth, because we had agreed on Friday to go to
"Always in Stitches". I had not gone in months - I realized later since March. So, she came over and saw my new beach place for the first time and we took off.

On the drive up, I noticed a bit of trembling of my steering wheel, which I thought had to be something with the tires. When we got to Lake Park, I took a look at the tires, but they all seemed fine. So we shopped. And we shopped. And when it was all said and done, each of us spent around $400. Half of that, I will say, was their monthly "Drab to Fab" and Brenda's monthly Whimzi Christmas ornament that I had signed up for at the beginning of the year and had not picked up since April, each of which are $20 per month. After that, we went to eat. Is there anything better than shop for stash or stitch, and then go out to eat???

At this point, I will say, lest you think I'm an irresponsible flake, that I was in the past month diagnosed with narcolepsy. One of the main problems I was having was feeling overwhelmingly drowsy while driving, so, as it got progressively worse, I drove shorter and shorter distances. I will say more about this some other day, but this is why I hadn't gone by the store to pick up what I had signed up for.

On the drive back, just before the Hillsboro exit to Deerfield Beach, my front right tire blew. We were incredibly lucky that two men stopped in less time than it took us to get out of the car and look at the tire. They changed the tire just as quick as a Nascar race team. I kid you not. We were incredibly blessed.

So, we came back to my place - we got here around 8 or so, and we just sat and talked and I dragged out all my finished pieces I have stashed away, most of which she hadn't seen. Before you knew it, it was 11pm and we callled it a night.

Sunday I had to take care of the tire situation. Went off to Sears where I bought two tires. I had always wanted to buy those tires with the special treads for rain, so that is what I picked. When I went to pick up the car, however, at 12:30pm, it would not start. There was corrosion around the battery terminal and they cleaned it and jumped the car. I wanted a new battery, but they said it wasn't necessary that the battery was now working fine.

Every Sunday afternoon our stitching group meets @ 1pm, so off I went. It was at this point that I finally had time to stitch on "The Rose Garden". We stitched until 7pm and were going to take off to eat. A very established pattern of ours, as you can see, but it got really nasty looking outside and we all decided to head home before it ripped.

Got home and decided that watching BB7 was more important than stitching, and that was followed by The 4400 and The Dead Zone. No more stitching for me .


Blogger debbi said...

Holey Moley - you are back! woo hoo ...

Love the pattern you are working on. LOL on the stash shopping - you are my idol!


9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home