Sunday, April 19, 2009

Stitching Schizophrenia

The responsible part of me says "FINISH SOMETHING". The adventurous, impulsive part of me says "START SOMETHING NEW". Those of us with Gemini Suns or Ascendants are always having to deal with this kind of internal dichotomy.

If I start something new, then the responsible part will remind me of my WIPs and suck the enjoyment out of the new start, which means I will eventually put it down and end up with yet another WIP to feel guilty about. If I don't start something new, then the adventurous, impulsive side of me will pout. It just does that. It thrives on the new and exciting. The best way for me to satisfy both sides is to do both, and the only way to do both is to establish a rotation so that each side gets equal time.

So here we go. I will go and find something small, new and easy to stitch while I drag out the WIPs and decide which to return to first. This should take me a few hours, so I'll have to get back to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chiloe said...

At least I don't suffer from stitching schizophrenia (I do finish some ) but I can't resist buying stash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP !!! lol

1:26 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I can't wait to see what you decide. I updated my blog with my progress finally. I'm such a bad blogger.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home