Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Back from being MIA

Nick is recovering really well. He's now able to begin bending his knee and gets around the house quite easily. He's still in no position to drive off by himself or walk/stand for long, so he's pretty much housebound unless one of his brothers, friends, or parental units take him out. It's not fun to be 21 and have all that energy and be stuck inside all day. I've told the kid to spend some time out by the pool and get a tan for heaven's sake (he looks like spaghetti without sauce) - but so far he's not done so. I've had to make up things for him to do to keep him interested. Right how he's learning Photoshop CS2 and it seems to be keeping him busy.
This weekend I went to the grand re-opening of "Always in Stitches" in Lake Park, FL with my good buddy Ruth. It's about 50 miles north of where I live. The new shop is gorgeous and has plenty of space to sit down and stitch and stay a while. My friend Anita part times on the weekend over there - mostly to help out - and she was there so we all had a fun time. Three other friends, Tillie Measie and Marlene had gone in the morning, but I am NOT a morning person on the weekend and as much as my family tolerates all the time I spend with my stitching friends, I do have to pay attention to them sometime! LOL!!!
I was pretty good, I didn't buy all that much because all I could think about was everything I am committed to stitch and, realizing that I probably wouldn't be able to start anything I bought for several months, if not longer, the pressure to buy and add it to my collection just wasn't there. I did buy quite a bit of fabric and threads, because these are ALWAYS necessary!!!
Also this past weekend, I decided to try out the new Vista operating system from Microsoft which will be out this month for businesses and in January for consumers. What a bust that was. I forgot that my monitor, a 19 inch Viewsonic A90 I bought around 1999 doesn't have drivers compatible for Win XP (even though it works fine with it), so when I loaded Vista it would not recognize the monitor and would render everything in a 600 X 480 resolution. Talk about huge!!! Needless to say, I was glad I had the foresight to backup the system before installing (which should always be done when major changes to the operating system are done), but I came really close to not doing so because, if y'all remember, I reformatted this computer in September. In any event, I am going to have to wait until there is a work around for my monitor to upgrade because I am not about to throw away a perfectly good monitor over an operating system. Besides, The Sims 2 is not currently Vista compatible, though it will work on it if it is adjust to run in Win XP mode.
That's it for now. See y'all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home